Monday, November 2, 2009

01 Nov 09, Sun: Scripture Reading: Proverb 1

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline” (1:7, NIV)

Two sisters had different opinion over an issue that challenged their testimony for God and because they could not come to a common understanding, Jane became bitter. Jolene tried to seek reconciliation but she knew, unless she relented to Jane’s request and apologized for something that she strongly stood for, Jane would not forgive her.

Jolene sought the Lord and prayed. After many months, Jane fell sick and Jolene visited her. Jane was grateful but still held grudges against her sister who had not supported her decision.
Jolene prayed for God’s wisdom. At long last, Jane broke the silence and cried, “You are my sister and you are supposed to support me. Why aren’t you? You don’t love me.” Sensing that Jane was still angry, Jolene slowly replied, “I love you Jane but I FEAR GOD more. The deal will not glorify God and I will have to take my stand. But tf doesn’t mean that I don’t love you. On the other hand, it is because I love you so much that I was afraid that you may sin against God and I chose to risk our relationship in order that the fear of the Lord could be seen in our lives.”

There are times when we have to face some real challenges in life and perhaps risk important relationships for the sake of integrity and truth. Do not compromise! Choose to FEAR GOD rather than man! It may not be easy or pleasant at that time but when the truth is revealed, God’s blessings will be evident in our lives.
===================================================================
Pray for
Pray that the present leadership in our country will walk the talk in their efforts to create 1Malaysia

No comments: